For decades, Carlisle Brake & Friction has developed innovative brake system and transmission friction solutions proven to increase the functional reliability, performance and safety for a diverse range of Off-Highway and industrial equipment applications.
Carlisle Brake & Friction manufactures both original equipment and aftermarket brake and friction components. We offer a wide range of motion control solutions for industrial dry caliper brakes, hydraulic actuation and friction materials for wet brake, dry brake, clutch and transmission applications. With the combined strengths of advanced R&D, global manufacturing, and a dedicated staff of industry experts, Carlisle provides our customers access to highly engineered brake and transmission friction solutions.
For the most demanding industrial applications, Carlisle delivers heavy-duty, high-performance products that stand up to the world’s toughest operating conditions. We can provide industry proven, or custom designed solutions based on the unique requirements and specifications of your application.
Key markets are:
- Agriculture – Combine harvesters, 2-wheel-drive tractors, 4-wheel-drive tractors and combines.
- Construction – Backhoe loaders, Off-Highway winches, compactors, articulated dump trucks, wheel loaders, pavers, graders/ excavators, rollers/ bulldozers, mobile cranes.
- Mining– Front-end loaders, haulage trucks, articulated dump trucks, underground mining, winches.
- Defense – Land vehicles, transports, tanks, assault vehicles, construction equipment
- Aerospace – Commercial jets, general aviation aircraft, military aircraft, helicopters.
- Material Handling – Transit systems, oil & gas, skidders.
- Industrial – Transit systems, oil & gas, skidders.
- Renewable Energy – Mega-watt, kilo-watt.
- On-Highway – Class 1-6 trucks and commercial vehicles, class 7-8 commercial trucks and trailers, emergency vehicles, school buses, refuse trucks, transit.
- Rail– Light rail, passenger rail.
Carlisle park, service, and combo caliper brake assemblies are designed to meet the demands of high energy, high torque applications. Our hydraulically actuated caliper service brake assemblies are built to withstand and perform under any of today’s high energy, high torque braking conditions. In conditions of varying load, our emergency brake assemblies are designed to retain predictable and repeatable performance.
Mechatronics / hydraulic actuation
At Carlisle, we regulate each aspect of the total braking system from the pedal to the brake. We remain dedicated to the testing and development efforts of new and existing products including boosters, master cylinders, slave cylinders, hydraulic valves and actuators. For increased operator comfort and overall performance, Carlisle hydraulic solutions stimulate balanced braking performance across axels.
Carlisle friction technologies help you meet the harsh demands of today’s earth moving equipment. The latest friction materials released by Carlisle demonstrate considerable performance advantages, including the longest wear life of any material currently available on the market today.