Effective as of October 2019
The Information We Collect
1. Personal Information
When you sign up to become a registered user of the Site or sign up for any of our alerts, newsletters, or other communications, you will be required to provide us with personal information about yourself, which may include your name, address, e-mail address, financial background, and other personal information (collectively, “Personal Information”). We do not collect any Personal Information from you when you use the Site unless you provide us with the Personal Information voluntarily or authorize us to access it.
2. Other Information
In addition to the Personal Information, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- From You. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us, such as gender, product and service preferences, and other information that does not identify you personally.
- From Your Activity. Information that we automatically collect when you use the Site. For example, when you visit the Site, we may collect your IP address, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, and sections of the Site visited.
- From Cookies. Information that we collect using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Site. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Site may not function properly.
You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any CentroMotion marketing email. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases. However, you cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to your account.
How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Personal Information and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide services to you; provide and improve the Site; solicit your feedback; and inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners. Also, we may use and share the Information as described below.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users and Site, we might analyze the Other Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Site. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and Site to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing network services, information technology support, and customer service. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose Information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of CentroMotion or others.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such Information, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The Site is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Site and/or providing us with any information, you irrevocably and unconditionally consent to this transfer.
CentroMotion does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
How to Contact Us