CentroMotion businesses are always looking for talented individuals to share their skills, knowledge, ideas, and passions to fuel innovative solutions to help people and machines work smarter, safer, and more productively. In return, we offer ongoing support, resources, benefits, and a culture designed to help you enjoy your job today and plan for tomorrow.
The QC Tech Level II for Elliott Manufacturing in Binghamton, NY performs intermediate to advanced inspection duties as well as contributes to continuous improvement. Please consider joining our team!
• Able to exchange information with co-workers and work as part of a team.
• Intermediate reading, writing, and math skills.
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
• Advanced skill sets. Intermediate to advanced FAI, FAR, PPAP abilities.
• Must be able to understand quality standards and gauging.
• Able to comprehend safety instructions.
• Complete root cause analysis using applicable tools.
• Able to perform layout inspection by measuring dimensions, such as length, height, and distance between reference points using precision instruments.
• Able to perform verification on incoming, in-process, and outgoing products
• Able to visually compare work pieces against one another to assess/detect manufacturing variations in processes.
• Able to maintain records of inspection and prepare lists of defects.
• Able to interact with other departments to ensure compliance with specifications
• Able to locate reference point(s) on part and measure dimensions such as angle, arc, and radii, using combinations of aids, such as surface plate parallel bars, angle plates, gauge blocks, plug pins, V blocks, sine bars, and precision measuring instruments.
Elliott Manufacturing is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veterans’ status or any other legally protected basis.
CentroMotion (Corporate roles)
As the Global Trade Compliance Manger, you will be responsible for promoting compliant import and exports, including adherence to all applicable U.S. and non-U.S. laws and regulations and with CentroMotion policies. This position applies existing rules and regulations to internal processes to ensure compliance, which includes the preparation and submission of required filings and reporting documentation. This is a highly cross-functional and collaborative role with significant interaction with internal and external customers and suppliers requiring balanced and effective communication.
- Develop robust and sustainable global trade and compliance programs across all trading countries the business unites trade.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and work with business units to ensure import and export activities are effectively managed to meet government import and export rules and regulations globally.
- Provides technical expertise in global customs laws and regulations such as harmonized tariff schedules, customs valuations, customs assists, and duty drawbacks.
- Act as internal consultant with all business units for import and export compliance matters.
- Develops, implements and maintains policies and procedures to ensure all business units are compliant with all applicable international, federal, state and local laws, regulations, and standards related to global trade including EAR, ITAR, and OFAC regulations.
- Monitors, analyzes and assists with interpreting applicable regulations and implements changes to the import/export process to meet new regulatory requirements.
- Leads continuous improvement initiatives for global trade policies and procedures
- Perform assessment of risks and identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provide guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Ensure proper jurisdiction, classification, Schedule B, HTS, drawback and valuation determinations for all exported and imported items, as applicable.
- Identify opportunities to better leverage technology to create efficiencies, increase consistency, and improve controls.
- Analyzes reports and metrics pertaining to various elements of the global trade compliance program, and reports out to senior management on trends, areas of concern and improvement opportunities.
- Develop cross-functional RACI model to ensure cross-functional owners and stakeholders are aligned across all major Global Trade and Compliance programs.
- Provides compliance advice, investigates complaints, and verifies deficiencies are corrected.
- Creating and managing Bonds and POA’s as well as creating Broker SOP’s
- Developing, maintaining, and managing Trade Compliance KPI’s
- Full understanding of global tariff actions including 301 & 232 tariffs.
- Strong cross-functional problem solving-skills.
- Strong business acumen and an ability to make critical decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to set priorities and the discipline to execute to those priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations, Logistics, International Business, or a related field preferred
- 8 plus years’ experience in U.S. export/import regulations and global trade compliance.
- Working knowledge of U.S. export control regulations to include Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Expert knowledge of harmonized tariff schedules, customs valuations, duty drawbacks, customs assists, and NAFTA/USMCA.
- Proven experience navigating complex global trade compliance issues.
- U.S. Customs Brokers license is strongly preferred.
- Maquiladora experience is strongly preferred.
- Expertise with GTM software preferred
- Develop world class operational standards of measuring and achieving key performance goals to meet manufacturing requirements achieving customer satisfaction on time and within budget i.e. On Time Delivery, Scrap Reduction, Quality, Safety, Cost Control, Waste Reduction, capacity planning, inventory, production scheduling, and performance measures.
- Drive Standard Work to all manufacturing processes through Kaizen events and involve employees at ALL levels.
- Develop and improve manufacturing processes for greater efficiencies, i.e. work instructions, process flow, material usage, and material flow, cross training, visual performance (productivity-throughput, quality, OTD) and goals.
- Lead the development and expansion of continuous improvement methodologies in Juarez to establish and improve manufacturing processes for greater efficiencies and gain positive results in materials usage, shipping and receiving, capacity planning, inventory, scrap reduction, production scheduling, safety, quality, customer satisfaction, and performance measures.
- Work with Staff Management within the business unit to develop and execute the strategy/plan and to identify the needs of the company regarding the PCIS process.
- Responsible for the quality improvement and cost reduction of assigned products. Responsible for meeting plant cost reduction goal for four wall and material costs.
- Provide leadership for problem resolution and use formalized problem solving approaches (A3, FMEA) to effectively define problems and drive to solutions.
- Provide technical guidance and facilitate problem-solving methodologies regarding quality-related issues (e.g. six sigma methodologies, and other related problem solving processes).
- Transform maintenance activities from reactive to proactive (predictive and preventative maintenance).
- Support and ensure ISO 9000/TS 16949 processes and procedures are developed and implemented and coordinates preentative measures to enhance system capability.
- Reviews new product designs for effective and low cost method of manufacturing. Initiatives action and follow-up to incorporate changes prior to pre-production sign off.
- Specifies and/or provides necessary tools, fixtures, equipment and related training as required for plan production and testing. Follows up to ensure efficient ergonomic safe operating conditions and methods.
- Responsible for administrating major capital investments and improving cost structure of manufacturing operations and facilities.
- Builds, develops and manages operations leadership team capable of carrying out needed operations strategies and improving employee relations.
- Maintain and nurture effective working relationships/communications with key support functions to improve and ensure effective support and achieve business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for Safety and Environmental policies and adherence.
We have an excited opportunity for a Manager of Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) to join our team! In this newly created role, the Manager of S&OP will be responsible for developing and implementing a robust S&OP process globally and drive best-in-class S&OP processes to help transform the organization. The S&OP Manager will lead cross-functional team development of processes and KPIs to support the S&OP process and its effectiveness.
- Create and maintain the consensus demand plan at multiple levels of aggregation, using statistical models and insights from Sales, Marketing, and Finance.
- Utilize S&OP to align all functions on short and long-term growth strategies.
- Lead scenario-based modeling to make difficult business decisions and calculated risks.
- Measuring, controlling, and improving S&OP plan accuracy through clearly defined metrics.
- Summarizing complete sales, inventory, and operations plan into standardized, succinct management report. Ability to present complex details to various levels of the organization.
- Collaborates with the Commercial Teams to define and implement the best planning methodologies, based on customer provided data, internal forecasts, and most appropriate categorization of demand planning ($, units, Line of Business, Major Product Groups, Product Lines)
- Working closely with Inventory Planning and Manufacturing to understand and mitigate potential inventory and/or capacity constraints to meeting business plan.
- Providing key inputs into business planning process to set operating plans, resource need while being able to communicate plans at all levels of organization in easy-to-comprehend language.
- Lead the monthly Sales & Operations Planning Process, and act as the voice of the business to partners in Supply Chain, Operations and Sales.
- Leads cross-functional team in the development of an aligned sales forecast, leveraging knowledge of historical performance, customer behavior, competitive activity and tactical/investment plans for the business
- Prepares, communicates, and effectively presents state of the business including sources of forecast variance, expectations for volume performance in future periods, as well as risks and opportunities to the Senior Leadership team
- Collaborates to align S&OP forecast as a direct input into both the financial and operational plans to support expected demand
- Understand the key business drivers at key customers to identify opportunities for growth and risks to current plans
- Coordinates with the Operations Teams to define value streams, production capacities, and production constraints for utilization as part of the S&OP process.
- Escalate high risk shifts in demand in the short term to key senior stakeholders; Communicates opportunities and risks to management on a proactive basis.
- Knowledge of key customer metrics/expectations and apply understanding of the resultant behaviors to explanations of variance or expectations for future periods
- In collaboration with the Finance Team, ensure our S&OP process can be utilized as the “epicenter” of financial forecasting process.
- Compare Operational forecasts to Financial forecast. Explain variances, note uncertainty and highlight risk areas to the S&OP team.
- Lead resolution of demand/supply imbalances with key stakeholders
- Help assess the impact of potential changes to customer base
- Partner with Sales, Supply Chain and Operations to successfully manage product transitions, both end of life and new product introductions
- Partner with stakeholders in Sales, Marketing, Finance, Supply Planning and Customer Service teams to maximize customer fulfillment while concurrently minimizing working capital investment
- Participate in efforts to reduce costs throughout the Supply Chain
- Create, prepare, and maintain forecast templates while continuously improving demand planning workflow with efficiency and easily translated to the monthly S&OP.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, or related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years Supply Chain, Operations or Sales experience, including five (5) years of direct experience in materials planning, forecasting, and/or S&OP
- Proven ability to conduct complex, quantitative and statistical analyses complimented with qualitative inputs from multiple sources to draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Strong Project Management Skills – Managing numerous projects at once.
- APICS certification a plus
- Proven conflict resolution experience with the ability to handle stress, conflicting priorities, ambiguous information
- Extensive knowledge of ERP business systems (Oracle preferred) and experience helping to design and document processes
- Excellent planning, problem solving, analytical skills and advanced Excel skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Financial concepts and how decisions can impact key metrics
- Ability to think strategically, AND execute effectively
- Self-motivated team member who can drive resolution to issues with strong problem- solving skills
The Aftermarket Sales Manager is responsible for developing key customer relationships to grow and maximize the profitability of the assigned aftermarket accounts. The individual is responsible for generating new business and managing existing business for the aftermarket product offering. The Aftermarket Sales Manager will develop and implement sales and marketing strategies, and leverage analytics and personal relationships to aggressively grow business through existing sales channels including independent manufacturer’s reps, wholesale distribution, and a network of retail organizations. The individual will represent the organization at trade shows and conventions to promote products, cultivate existing relationships, and establish new contacts.
- Respond to internal and external customer concerns, determine corrective actions, and follow up to ensure highest level of customer’s satisfaction
- Act as the point person for all internal and external communication and solutions for aftermarket sales including follow up on proposals, quotes, orders, and shipments
- Travel to customer sites to build relationships with Distribution Reps, Buyers, and others as needed, conduct sales presentations, seminars, and lunch and learns, gather information, discuss opportunities or concerns; participate in various trade shows and conventions
- Develop and implement sales plans and marketing strategies
- Negotiate vendor agreements and stocking priorities within retail sectors
- Conduct market & competitive research, Create and monitor customer map across US region
- Develop yearly forecast & marketing plan for accounts
- Prepare and submit reports for each sales call
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering is required.
- Experience working in and having relationships with business to business customers in the agriculture, off-highway equipment, and performance automotive markets.
- Experience managing national customer accounts, with customers such as AutoZone, AdvanceAuto, O’Reilly preferred.
- Demonstrated success in achieving sales and meeting profitability and budget goals.
- Must be well-versed in go to market strategies for target markets.
- Problem solve through ability to assess pain points and develop solutions that meet the needs of the customer and the company.
- Experience effectively navigating complex organizational structures.
- Effectively sell in a cross functional environment.
- Thrive as an independent worker and self-motivate for success.
- Must have mechanical aptitude/training, be able to read and understand CAD Drawings and have experience using Microsoft office products or equivalent.
- Ability to travel up to 50%, so it is preferred that candidate live a reasonable distance from a major airport.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software and CRM software.
There are currently no job openings available.
The Product Line Director will be responsible for driving product line revenue and margin expansion and overall product life cycle management for the global LOB product portfolio. Reporting to the Group Products Director for the Industrial Segment of CentroMotion, the Product Line Director is tasked with driving long term growth of the overall line of business through the development of product strategies driven by the product managers focused on key global product and market expansion. Responsibilities include development of Product & Technology road maps, Pricing, Promotion and Placement activities to align with specific market and application needs. This position works very closely with Sales and Engineering to provide fit for market products to drive sales and margin expansion.
- Utilize the market, customer intelligence, trends and customer requirements to develop the overall encompassing global product strategy
- Own the Global Line of Business for assigned product or technology
- Develop market studies, including VOC to understand new/adjacent market opportunities and assess viability
- Develop a market/customer driven global products road map that accelerates company growth in alignment with customer acquisition targets, financial goals, and overall market opportunity (i.e. OEM, Joint Ventures, Acquisitions).
- Lead collaborative discussions with engineering/sales regarding product releases, quality and product improvements.
- Ensure product innovation and adoption rates are achieved through the use of ROI measures.
- Develop Go-to-Market strategy for assigned product lines
- Provide input into the creation of the technology road map aiding in the long term growth of the product line
- Ensure active management of product life-cycle
- Lead new product launches collaborating with the sales, marketing, advertising and engineering teams to coordinate deliverables
- Mentor, motivate, and lead Product Management team for high performance results.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in Business, Engineering, relative technical field or equivalent previous experience; MBA preferred.
- 7-10+ years of product management experience.
- Knowledgeable in industrial products and applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or in a team environment and handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work in and lead cross-functional teams.
- Excellent verbal, written and public speaking skills.
- PDMA, PMI, or Pragmatic Marketing Certification a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical and personal computing skills, specifically using Microsoft Office applications.